What is the All-on-4 Technique?
All-on-4 procedure is a treatment concept developed by Malo and his colleagues in 2003 for patients, who cannot use prosthesis due to heavy loss of bone; this treatment allows fixing the prosthesis with 4-6 implants in total. This treatment offers extremely successful clinical outcomes for edentulous patients, who can start using a fixed provisional restoration.
How Is All-On-4 Treatment Performed?
A clinical examination is made and radiology studies are performed for the patient, who will receive an All-On-4 Implant treatment. Teeth are extracted under local anesthesia, if necessary, and implants are placed in the same session. Provisional prostheses that are constructed according to measurements taken before the treatment can be used by the patient on the same day.
Who is a good candidate of All-On-4 Implant?
This treatment concept is recommended for edentulous patients or people who require extraction of teeth and have no adequate bone in posterior part of upper or lower jaw to support the implant. It is very important that the patients gain fixed teeth on the same day.
What should be done after an All-On-4 Implant Procedure?
Patients who underwent an All-On-4 procedure need to use the medications regularly that are prescribed by the maxillofacial surgeon, avoid eating hard foods during the provisional prosthesis period, and follow the diet and hygiene rules as advised by the doctor. Following the three months of osseointegration (the integration of the bone with the implant), the permanent prosthesis allows switching the patient to routine eating pattern. A dentist should immediately be visited, if the provisional prosthesis fractures, in order to avoid potential loss of the implant.
What Are The Advantages of All-On-4 Implant?
- It is a treatment concept with high success rate.
- It helps eliminating the bone loss.
- Treatment and healing periods are short and painless.
- Patient does not experience much trouble as the implant surgery and placement of prosthesis are carried out in the same day.
- An improvement is achieved in speaking and chewing functions.
- It ensures a relief for patients who have difficulties using removable prostheses.
- It boosts the self-confidence due to the cosmetic contribution.
- Costs are low thanks to the use of limited number of implants.
How is an advanced implant treatment carried out?
There should be adequate volume of bone to support the implant. If the patient does not have adequate bone or gingival tissue, it may be necessary to augment bone and tissue at the implant site. In this end, bone chips or the own bone of the patient can be used, depending on how scarce the jaw bone is, to augment the bone support. The implant is placed by maxillofacial surgeons, who are experienced in this field, after a period of 4-6 months elapses to allow the bone mature.
All-On-4 Implant Prices
For detailed information on All-On-4 Implant technique and treatment;
- Please call our Implant Clinic in Bağdat Avenue at 0216 363 36 36
- Please call our Clinic in Etiler- Levent at 0212 280 88 00
- Please call our Clinic in Kavacık-Acarkent at 0216 485 90 30
For further information, please inform us your e-mail using E-Newsletter section below.